Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Not a Bad Day

You know those times when you get called in to move computers and then show up to find out that not just computers are moving, but new desks were installed as well?And the new desk is an antique made from the deck of Noah's Ark. Never designed to have a computer. The mere suggestion of a hole being drilled to accomodate a cable is met with gasps and fainting. And of course the desk is placed in the centre of the room like a power and ethernet-less island refuge.Ever have those days?
Well, today was not one of those days for me. I showed up to see a desk and computer moved into an office just waiting for me to plug them in to a plug and network port I had so efficiently installed years ago when this was still a storage room. Although the network port was on the opposite side of the office, I was able to find a 25' patch cable. How often does THAT happen?!Today is shaping up. Maybe I won't need to get as drunk as usual tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment