Friday, March 2, 2007

Renovations....YAY

Currently I am trying to renovate the en suite. En suite is French for 'shitty little bathroom'. I had no idea how much we relied on this thing. Every morning I find myself making extra trips from our bedroom to the main bathroom because I forgot some portion of my ablutionary regimen.
It is going to be awesome. Tannis has surprised me with her choice of fixtures...pleasantly surprised. Nice dark wood with white fitures. Combined with a mocha coloured paint on the walls and we should have a pretty nice room soon.
Brooke and Mitch were really helpful in the work. Not because they worked really hard and made my job easier. But because they had fun using my hammer to smash the old drywall and pull out nails. Mitch even replaced the door handle almost single-handedly. Soon I'll get Brooke going on the plumbing. Woohoo!
I really wanted to either fix or replace the floor. But it is in pretty good shape. And Tan says she'll fix up the grout. So maybe it'll be ok after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment