Thursday, March 29, 2007

Concubines-r-Us!

Tannis and I were invited by our friends Tim and Karen to a bellydancing show at the Marlborough Inn. This was one of those days where you have no control over what is going on. There was so much potential for a fun night here, but unfortunately it never panned out.
As always it is nice to see friends and meet people. But unfortunately it sometimes has to happen at locations you hate being. Like running into an old friend at the proctologist, I suppose.
The evening started nicely enough. My wife looked fantastic, we had a babysitter, there was promise of adventure.
Unfortunately the evening left little opportunity for table talk as it was mostly wall to wall dancers. So once seated and the show underway, you didn't communicate much until you were leaving some 3 hours later.
That's right...3 hours of Indian music. It was like a coast to coast cab ride. The MC was horrible. I was ready to go across the room and kill her. But unfortunately I was being blinded by the asshole photographer. The dude was taking double flash photos every 20 seconds. And he was sitting directly across the room from me. Grrr.
It would have been nice to have been able to visit a bit more with Tim and Karen, etc. But that never worked out. As I understand it, Karen was none too impressed with the execution of the show either. Too bad, seeing as she made the effort to invite so many friends and family there.
The best part of the night was going out for a drink with Tannis afterwards at the Yellow Dog Pub. Nice little neighborhood joint right behind the Burton Cummings theatre. I hope to go back there for a meal some time. Tannis and I finished the evening with a nice drink before we went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment