Thursday, March 15, 2007

En Suite...tout finis!!

Yay! The en suite is finished! And it looks fantastic. I took as much time as I could while Tannis was away visiting Angie to work on it. The kids kept themselves pretty busy, and they seemed to enjoy the outings to Rona...all 48 of them.

I made an executive decision on the toilet. It is a low profile unit with a real sexy look. Yes, you heard me. I just used "sexy" to describe a toilet. Tannis was initially concerned it might gag on some larger ...erm... deliveries. But I have put it through vigorous field testing and it has passed with flying colours.

I also changed the wall colour to a darker shade. This also turned out to be a good decision. I find it to be a very calming colour. It really looks nice against the white fixtures as well as the darker cabinets. Painted the bases and casings a shiny white and boy, does it look good.

Had some trouble with the sink drain, though. That was a tough one. Leaks were coming from the old plumbing, not the new stuff I just put in. It either happened when I tried to unsolder it, or when I cut the old plumbing to remove it. We finally had Andy, the housekeeper who was once a plumber, come in and fix it up. Being so close to the wall, I had alot of trouble figuring out how to fix it. Andy took care of it though. Except when he left, he was in such a hurry, he forgot to tighten the compression fittings, so it leaked like crazy! Tannis greeted me with the news of the leaks when I got home from work, but when I found it was just the compression fittings needed tightening, I was pretty relieved.

Now everything is together and looks great. Now to take care of the basement. It was a mess before I started the bathroom...

No comments:

Post a Comment