Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Mitch's Nails

Wow, three blog posts in one day. I am truly in need of serious help. I am not at home because I am still here at work. I am struggling through my mileage claims and cell phone claims. I have got to get these done.
I miss my kids. If you guys ever do get to read this, I just want you to know: I wanted to be around more. I really did. I hope you grow up normal. I hope Mitch stops acting like a puppy. Either that or he had better learn to fight, cuz he will definitely be a target.
On New Years Eve Mitch and Brooke stayed over at Doug and Lorraines so that Tannis and I could ...well...fight. When we dropped them off we asked that Doug perhaps spend some time doing boyish things with Mitch as there was only him with Girl-aPalooza going on.
I would have been happy with him simply sitting and watching TV the whole time, I just didn't want him to spend the entire time being a baby or a puppy. I know Brooke loves him dearly, but she has got to learn that he is not one of her toys.
So we get there in the morning to pick them up and we are showed my son's newly painted fingernails AND toenails. Nice. I'm sorry, I thought I had mentioned that I wanted my son to have a normal boyish (if not neutral) time. Not have him subjected to having his fingers and toes painted. An act I am certain he only agreed to so that he could be part of the play group. He has such a kind heart. I know he has little idea of gender lines and painting his nails and toes will not make him gay. However, I submit that it also will not do much to develop his masculinity either. Whatever.
We both explained to him that boys don't paint their nails and he understood and was fine with us removing it. Thank God. TurdleEggs and Stuntman were coming over that night. I definitely don't need that stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment