Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas is coming

Last night was fun. It was Brooke's Grade 1 Christmas ... er Holiday Pageant. No sense offending anyone. We had a section on Kwanzaa. I counted 2 black kids on the stage. Now, I have no problem with equality, but come on. I submit that these kids have never even celebrated it in the past.
Kwanzaa is 39 years old. That's right, 39 years. The significant holiday of african americans is one year older than I am. I am not disagreeing with the principles of Kwanzaa. They are 7 noble principles that everyone could benefit from following. Kwanzaa is a North American tradition that was invented by Ron Karenga. He was the leader of the United Slaves Organization. He was also convicted of the wrongful imprisonment and abuse of 2 women. Also African American. I encourage you to read up on this, it may shed some light.
I wished I could have seen Brooke a bit better, she was up on the stage tucked behind a few other kids. I enjoyed watching her perform. I always do. The concert was fairly short. Which was a good thing. Mitch crashed practically before it even started. Grandma enjoyed holding him while he slept. She said it was a treat.
Grandpa Mogg was there too. Grandma Mogg was at bingo.

No comments:

Post a Comment