Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Eve

Here it is. The big moment. The kids are snuggled in their beds waiting for the morning. We had a nice dinner at Bruce and Theresa's with my side of the family. Gayleen's group was represented by Sheri as the rest of them are in Africa visiting Danny. It was a really nice visit. The kids played their asses off. I didn't see them hardly all night. We tried a gift exchange this year that saw each person show up having brought a present and pulling a number to pick gifts under the tree. It worked well as swiping gifts from another person was kept to a minimum by the rule that the holder of the gift was allowed to refuse to have the gift 'swiped'.

It was really nice to visit with Sandi and also with the rest of the family. It was a little odd not having Gayleen there, but not nearly as awkward as it will be tomorrow at Tannis' parents without Sandra and Nash there. This is their first Christmas in Calgary. Should be interesting.

Tannis has been hinting all month that she went a little overboard on my gift. I have a feeling that it isn't a Playstation 3. It seems it isn't yet available, so I will be getting part of it and a picture of the rest. I got her a jewellry box and Mitch got her a cake pan and Brooke got her a vacuum. I also bought the mixer she has been wanting. I know it's not much of a gift, but whatever. It will probably be a huge hit. I was so stoked last year with the "girls day out" that I bought her and Tosh, but that never really happened.

I think her and I actually ended up using the Moxie's gift certificate.

The kids left some art for Santa to take with him when he leaves. After some discussion, Tannis and I decided that Santa would leave them a note thanking them for the gift and reminding them to be good.

I hope it's a hit.

I must sleep now. We are in for a big day tomorrow. I hope the kids have fun. God, I love them.



Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment