Monday, November 20, 2006

Here it is...the diary I will keep. It seems likely that I would use this method as opposed to paper. I had another blog going, but there is a constant problem with the account, so I will just use this one. Being run by Google, I have a little bit of confidence that I won't have the same problems.
At this point, 'blogs' are only popular with teenagers, news services, geeks, and those annoying people who send you those 'family update' Christmas letters every year. Now they have the ability to annoy you full time!
I started this to record some daily observations that, unless recorded, will get bumped out of my head and forgotten forever. It is mainly for my kids to read when they grow up. Perhaps they will find it amusing, insightful, or God forbid, educational.
Brooke is 6 years old, Mitchell is 4. They are the best kids ever. When I imagined what my adult life would be like, this is exactly it. I knew I would have 2 kids, I knew they would be close in age, and I was absolutely positive they would be perfect.
I couldn't be more proud. Brooke is working very hard to learn how to read. She will do fine. She is working through level 6 right now. She will read a line, slow as you please, and then go back and read it through so she can understand the story.
Mitchell is desparately trying to fit in with the whole reading and writing thing. "How do you spell that, dad?" And he spells it...or should I say copies it, as he is not sure what baffling shape he should make to make the letters. He is sooo smart, and funny too. His thoughtful disposition is sure to serve him well as he matures. He looks a bit like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment